Monday, March 28, 2011

Spring? Really?

This is what I saw out in my backyard just one month ago...

I love, love, love Spring!!

And Fall, but that is another blog post...

I love how Spring "unfolds" itself. Little tips poking through the soil grow and turn into beautiful crocuses, daffodils or tulips. I love how a small piece of green on a tree turns into a flower and then a leaf. I love how it smells - fresh and new. And I love how it feels - the sun on your shoulders, but not hot enough for you to be uncomfortable. I love Spring!



Recently, we spent the day at the beach. And we spotted this little cutie:


Those of you who know me, know that I absolutely adore birds. Birds of all sizes, colours and chirps! I love them! Part of how I tell it's Spring, REALLY Spring is when the birds start acting weird, really weird. They are mating! The other day we saw two bald eagles "dancing" in the sky above our home. They were doing the "mating" dance. It was utterly beautiful!

How do you tell when Spring has REALLY sprung? Is it the daffodils blooming? Or after Spring Break is over and the kids go back to school? Or maybe when the tulips spring forth? Or is it Easter (which is especially late this year)? Or is it when you don't have to wash your car every weekend?

For me, it's when the hummingbirds come back home to my yard. It's been cold, so I haven't hung my feeders yet. But today, today I filled them up and hung them at about 10 this morning. At around 1, I had my first hummingbird visit. Yes, Spring has sprung; the hummingbirds have come back home!!

I hope you enjoy Spring as much as I do!!

Blessings,
Nicole

No comments:

Post a Comment