Thursday, May 26, 2011

It's Those Tiny Moments....

About a month ago, my family and I were doing respite foster care for a three year old for two weeks. At first, when our "Little Buddy" arrived, we had forgotten how crazy and busy life can be with a three year old in the house again!! It's been a long time since we have had a three year old in the house 24 hours a day, seven days a week.



One day in our front yard,
I had a moment of wonderment
as I watched this beautiful
three year old!





I was washing down the front steps and part of the driveway and playing soccer with my little buddy. He would play on his own for a while and then come back and play soccer with me.



Eventually, he became completely preoccupied with the tiny little rivers of water rushing down the driveway. He laid on his tummy, getting completely soaking wet, but he was too intent on watching the water to notice. He started floating bits of grass, leaves and flowers down his rivers.



Gazing upon this wonderful scene, I was completely enthralled!! I don't know if it was the love I feel for this child or remembering days gone by, where I was the child laying on her tummy, floating bits of twigs down a pretend river.



The most important thought I walked away with that day was that the really important moments in life are not always the great big moments - births, marriages, graduations. Sometimes, just watching a three year old float a few leaves down a make-believe river can be the grandest moment of all!!

Blessings my friends,
Nic

No comments:

Post a Comment