Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Taking Down the Grow Op....

If you have ever visited our home during the late spring, summer or early autumn, it would not be ridiculous of you to think we harbour a marijuana grow op in our home. Why? Well it's the tin foil that covers most of our east facing windows.

The first summer we bought this house, we suffered with the heat! And I mean suffered!! We had yet to install good window coverings and the heat in the house was unbearable!! By the second summer, we had most of the window covered with good window coverings (By good, I mean keeping the heat out during the summer and keeping the heat in during the winter.), but still the house heated up! And I was unable to sleep in! EVER!!!


So the second summer we covered the east facing windows in our room and although it wasn't completely dark, I was finally able to sleep in.


AND we covered our front doors and sidelights with tinfoil also.

As you can see from this photo, there are LOTS of windows in our front doors and the sun shines directly on them from the time the sun comes up (around 4:00am to 4:30am) until noonish ALL summer long! The change in the temperature of the house has been drastic!! In fact this summer, even when it was smokin' hot outside, it felt like our house had air conditioning!!

So it was with humour that we received the news from a neighbour that a parent from her children's school, who also lives in our neighbourhood, told her that she had a grow op across the street.

"Why would you think that?" she asked.

"It's the tin foil that gives it away." <- At this point, I was pretty much laughing out loud that someone would even think our home could harbour a grow op!!

Our neighbour, who is also a very dear friend of ours, was also pretty much laughing at this point.

"Uh, yah, no. I can pretty much guarantee there is no grow op in that house. I've been in that house many, many times and there is no grow op."

"Oh."

As funny as I think it is that someone would seriously think that either my husband or I would have a grow op in our home, I am seriously rethinking covering our bedroom window with tinfoil. In fact, I actually took it down for the fall, winter and spring when last year I just left it up... We might have to invest in some serious light-blocking, heat-blocking cellular blinds for next summer!

Or maybe not... Sometimes you just have to live dangerously!! Ha ha!!

Blessings my friends,
Nic

1 comment: